Monday, March 30, 2009

Blog Stage 4: Tea anyone?

I found an article by Shawn M. Griffiths on The North Texas Conservative.

In the article Mr. Griffiths starts out by commenting on the Tea Parties happening in Texas followed by a paragraph effused with pride over Texas’ state legislature is “considering a resolution that will remind President Barack Obama that the [U.S.] Constitution is the Supreme Law of the Land, by which our country and our government is founded.” He continues to disparage over President Obama’s lack of appreciation for the U.S. Constitution and then compares him, unfavorably to Lincoln and finishes the article by accusing those who voted for President Obama as blind followers worshipping the current President of the United States of America.

While there are many points here that I would love to pick apart, I’m going to focus on the Texas state legislature portion.

The “resolution” Mr. Griffiths is referring to would be HCR 50 (Link), a bill introduced by the Texas Legislature that, if I’m reading this correctly, is just a hop, skip and a jump away from secession.

Which can’t happen; the state of Texas is not allowed to secede.

It’s also treasonous.

This does not give me warm fuzzy feelings.

I like being an American; if someone asks me what my nationality is, I’ll say American before I say Texan (I know, that’s a little backwards in this state). Besides, trying to work out the budget without federal aid, our own military and, of course, NASA, would be a nightmare.

As for Mr. Griffiths’ article, I found it poorly organized and irritating with all the insulting remarks against liberals, independents, and the late former Pres. Abraham Lincoln.

Also, it would’ve been nice if he had mentioned HCR 50, you know: The subject of his post.

No comments: